Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chronic Hepatitis C Treatment Monitoring Algorithm

This link is vital to anyone even considering treatment for Hepatitis C. I don't care about hits as much as I care about people who need this info finding it. I'll try to put up a copy of Mayo Clinic's PDF, which is actually a flow chart showing all possible paths. Friends, I am in what is delightfully referred to as "End Stage Cirrhosis". Don't let this happen to you! Get tested. If positive, get treated! Yes, treatment sucks but it's temporary. Much better than having your life cut short. It's not because of lack of diligence on my part that I am where I am at on this chart. 2 failed attempts! I started trying when I was still in stage 1! Are you sensing the urgency??? It can start to progress at anytime without warning and let me repeat this fact. FAT DRIVES THE PROGRESSION OF THIS DISEASE. And if you have genotype 3, like me, you are especially vulnerable to this undesirable obstacle to treatment being effective. So if you are over weight, like I was, and have this disease, you may be in serious danger and still not have a single symptom. I apologize for any undue alarm to people who are not ill. But I can sleep at night knowing that I shouted it from the roof tops. God has a funny way of getting the ones who need to read this to see it. Now there's an internet marketing strategy that I'll bet the "gurus" hadn't counted on. Peace out! Talk soon, ( yes, I am still trying to get the courage up to do a video upload). But I know I will overcome this fear after my first shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment